Duration : 15 hours
Friday 8 January 2016, Friday 15 January 2016, Friday 22 January 2016
This module will cover in particular the following topics :
1. Adoption of the EUMR
2. Application of the EUMR
3. Pillars of EU merger control
4. Comparison with U.S. merger control law
5. Evolution of EU merger control
6. Notion of concentration
7. EUMR jurisdiction and division of powers with Member States
8. Market definition under the EUMR
9. SIEC test and the economic fundamentals of merger control
10. Horizontal mergers
11. Vertical mergers
12. Conglomerate mergers
13. Failing firm
15. Evidentiary principles, standard of proof, checks and balances
16. Types of evidence: merging parties’ documents, witness statements, consumer surveys,quantitative evidence, etc.
17. Remedies: divestitures, severance of links with rivals, other remedies
18. Judicial review, damages, expedited procedure, appeals to EU Courts
The fee for the course is 600 €
Each Friday the course will take place on the premises of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (FEB), Rue Ravenstein 4, 1000 Brussels from 13.00 to 18.00. Sandwich lunch at 12.30
1 The Brussels School of Competition will ask registered participants to provide proof of their academic qualifications.
The concept of "LL.M." is here used as a generic term to refer to a specialised study programme taught in English which can only be undertaken by students holding an officially recognised academic degree in law and/or economics.
Only written cancellations addressed to Mr Charles Gheur (Brussels School of Competition, Rue des Sols , 1000 Bruxelles) shall be considered. Fees shall only be reimbursed where the participant’s place is cancelled at least 5 working days before the beginning of the module.
We intend to use the information you provide to organise events and keep you informed of our future activities. In accordance with the Data Protection Act ( 8 December 1992), you are entitled to consult your details and have them corrected if necessary.